The Hospital Administrator has operational oversight of multiple hospitals within the Detroit market with total revenues exceeding $7.5MM. The incumbent has first-line responsibility for the fiscal performance of assigned hospitals, leads strategic planning, supervises and mentors hospital managers, and owns the creation and maintenance of a high-performance, engaged culture within the hospital in partnership with the Medical Director.
As a Hospital Administrator, you will:
- Serve as a champion of the unified mission and vision of BluePearl in all daily interactions.
- Be present and accessible within the hospital(s).
- Consistently assess the engagement level of associates; takes a proactive approach to influence and drive a positive hospital climate. Accountable for associate engagement and retention.
- Effectively communicate and cascade key initiatives impacting hospital administration and Technician staff. Educates direct reports regarding company policies and protocols and ensures accountability for adherence.
- Oversee hospital managers to ensure that hospital operations are efficient, effective, and meeting organizational objectives. Coaches, mentors, and takes corrective actions for direct reports in partnership with P&O as needed.
- Provide performance feedback to associates including day-to-day recognition, conducts associate performance reviews, and ensures appropriate coaching/mentoring is arranged as needed.
- Ensure communication and feedback channels with associates are open, schedules and facilitates regular communication opportunities, and is responsive to associate concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of associate records.
- Understand and ensure compliance with OSHA, DEA and FDA, and applicable state and local agencies.
- Partner with assigned P&O Business Partner to understand and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and local labor law proactively upon assumption of the position and on an ongoing basis as associate relations matters arise.
- Utilizes broad understanding of financial management to lead tactical planning for assigned hospital(s). Manages expenses, and budgets. Develops and implements operational methods that result in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages projects that relate to hospital expansion and growth including the addition of new services, new locations and renovations.
- Partners with appropriate field leadership to monitor Clinician production; Partners with Medical Director to develop performance plans and facilitate successful execution.
- Monitors and controls alignment with financial operating plan. Communicates significant concerns and recommends adjustments to plan based on operating need to direct supervisor.
- Participates in Vet Relations plans developed by Vet Relations Representative.
- Ensures the presentation, upkeep, maintenance and functionality of the facilities and operational effectiveness of the equipment.
- Communicates protocols for safety and facility maintenance to appropriate associates or managers. Relays information regarding need for repairs and/or maintenance of equipment, building, and grounds and communicates with associate regarding status.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Graduate degree in related field preferred.
- 5+ years of job-specific experience in a hospital management role within the veterinary or human health industry required. 2 years of multi-site or revenue size greater than $5MM required.
- Strong capacity to build effective teams and size up talent.
- Effective and collaborative interpersonal and written communication skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to make decisions, delegate tasks and achieve results with associates.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and adapt to a fast paced, evolving working environment with multiple priorities.
- Skillset to recruit, hire, mentor, coach, develop and retain team members.
- Conflict resolution skills for associates and clients.
- Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products including Word and Excel. UltiPro experience is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and transportation available to travel to other hospital locations, as necessary.