POSITION: Veterinary Dermatologist, Veterinary Professional Services- Petcare East Region
DIVISION: Veterinary Professional Services, U.S. Petcare
POSITION LOCATION: East Region TRAVEL: 50-60%
Major Metro Areas in the East: E.G: Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, Indianapolis, Boston, New York, Baltimore, Washington DC.
- Demonstrate Zoetis values and leader behaviors within Petcare Veterinary Professional Services Team and Zoetis.
- Work effectively in the east region to provide field support. Work with sales teams in the east to provide education, training, promotion of the medically appropriate use of Zoetis dermatology treatments to veterinary customers, engage and build relationships with key opinion leaders Provide veterinary specialist perspective to presentations and consultations.
- Play an active role in identifying key customers/influencers and in devising and executing key dermatology strategies in support of the Strategic Accounts and in collaboration with Sales, Veterinary Professional Services, and Marketing.
Customer Requests for Information:
- Respond in a comprehensive and in a timely fashion to customer (internal and external) requests for information, feedback, and needs (e.g. VMIPS, Marketing, Sales, Veterinary Professional Services,, Key Opinion Leaders, Veterinarians) .
- Identify, develop, and deliver scientific and technical presentations/seminars, handouts, teleconference presentations, and wetlabs to external audiences (veterinarians and technicians in all Zoetis Petcare accounts).
- Be recognized as a popular and credible speaker (National veterinary conferences, VMAs) and as a National Dermatology KOL.
- Serve as trusted technical and strategic advisor to marketing and Petcare Veterinary Specialty Operations and be recognized as integral member of assigned product/market teams.
- Work with dermatology medical lead and marketing to develop strategies to best support and defend our products against competitors
New Product Marketing Interface:
- Be recognized as a vital contributor to project teams as assigned.
- Provide veterinary dermatology project support to US marketing, new products international marketing and major accounts team
- Contribute ideas, study designs and feedback to research and development on new and existing products
Training / Education:
- As requested, take an active role working with Learning & Development, Veterinary Specialty Operations, Veterinary Professional Services Team in developing training curricula for sales and Professional Services Veterinarians and in designing educational programs to be delivered by others for our external customers.
- Create educational materials and provide training to Zoetis professional services veterinarians, veterinary product support team and sales teams on dermatology
- Educate regionally and nationally on dermatology topics while supporting East region sales teams
Colleges of Veterinary Medicine:
- With input and agreement from Director and considering business needs, establish collaborative working relationships with key faculty at colleges of veterinary medicine; establish reputation as credible spokesperson among academicians; seek and maintain adjunctprofessorships when possible.
Professional / Customer Organizations:
- With input and agreement from Director, become active in professional/specialty/customer organizations by serving on committees, boards and commissions or as an officer or speaker on the organizations behalf
- Stay current in assigned areas of veterinary medicine; with Director, formulate and implement personal development plan
Other Project / tasks:
- Perform other job related activities as assigned by Director
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent
- Recognized veterinary specialist (board certification in dermatology)
- 6-8 years post doctoral experience in clinical practice, academia, research or industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel 50-60%:
- Occasional weekend travel may be required (approximately once per quarter)
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Research experience, published scientific papers