At Covance, your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to challenging projects
begins on your very first day. Covance is one of the most respected contract research organizations.
Our clients are a Who’s Who of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Are you looking for an alternative career outside of diagnostic pathology? Come join a global team of veterinary pathologists focused on providing high quality support to nonclinical studies spanning all phases of drug development. Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for a veterinary clinical pathologist to be based at our United States site in Madison Wisconsin or Greenfield Indiana.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
- Interpretation of clinical pathology data and author of reports for animal toxicology studies
- Provide training and consultation to the clinical pathology laboratory staff
- Meet with clients, consultants, study directors/toxicologists, and regulatory officials regarding studies, protocols, procedures, inspections, etc
- Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Keep up to date with new procedures, methodologies and technology in clinical pathology procedures
- DVM/VMDdegree or equivalent veterinary degree
- Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e., MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function
- Recognised certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ACVP or ECVCP)
- Several years of clinical pathology experience; preferable to have experience within pharmaceutical/biotech or contract laboratory areas
- Ability to work with other scientists and staff to address scientific issues relating to clinical pathology
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians
- Basic computer skills