ViewSonic is looking for a Vertical Marketing manager to ensure the success of ViewSonic presentation products in focused industry segments; work proactively with sales, and various marketing teams to execute strategic vertical marketing initiatives. This role will drive product line strategy that integrates social marketing, PR, and channel marketing programs. Provide pre and post sales training support to the sales team, and guide the development of effective training materials.
- Accountable for being the “Product Champion” and key company spokesperson for the responsible presentation products. Understands the product, channel characteristics, and competitive forces for channel targets of specific solutions.
- Work closely with the Business Line Director in order to align top priorities and execution strategy.
- Develop and implement the strategies to ensure product line success in targeted vertical markets.
- Serve as a thought leader and represent the voice of the customer in assigned vertical markets.
- Utilize consumer insights to guide the sales & marketing campaigns, work closely with internal resources to ensure a coordinated approach in products positioning.
- Develop business strategies for products suitable to the various B2B vertical markets. This includes product positioning and leadership image cultivation within the category’s product portfolio in order to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain clear communication paths with internal departments; including Sales, Marcom, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing and others to assure a clear understanding by all of the position and marketing strategy.
- Drive and coordinate with MarCom and Channel Marketing Departments the development of market launch strategies, product positioning statements, advertising copy, WEB information, sales training information, and ensure they are disseminated to the appropriate parties.
- Provide both pre-sales and post-sales support to sales team in order to enhance user experience and promote brand loyalty. Attend and support company trade shows and other events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent. MBA is an added bonus.
- Minimum 5 years of B2B, industry, vertical solutions, and/or product marketing experience.
- Experience with positioning products and creating customer driven messaging in education, enterprise, and various digital signage focused vertical markets.
- Experience in creating customer driven messaging and working with cross-functional teams in order to ensure consistent implementation of positioning, messaging, and promotions.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and creativity.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, equipped to work well in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent at giving presentations to large groups, both internally and externally.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel (including investment modeling and pivot table expertise), PowerPoint, and standard office programs and equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 20%.