Podium is an Interaction Management platform that makes it simple for local businesses to conveniently connect with leads, customers, and their teams. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes' Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes' Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, innovative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
The Vertical Marketing Manager helps guide business and market growth through specific vertical markets/industries. The Vertical Marketing Manager works with the Vice President of Marketing, Product Managers, Sales Managers, Digital/Demand Generation and Partners to develop the long-term vertical strategy and the tactical marketing plan for the vertical market they manage.
What you will be doing:
- Co-develop the strategy for each vertical market using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to create new market growth strategies aligned with strategic goals laid out by company leadership.
- Co-develop marketing plans using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to identify specific marketing tactics to provide annual growth goals. Plans should include the continued growth of the essential business, new product launch plans, response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plans.
- Design marketing programs and sales tools to support reaching annual revenue goals
- Lead the local implementation of global new product and marketing strategies for their vertical markets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop program goals, messaging, and metrics
- Demand creation strategy
- Channel management plan
- Lead industry intelligence gathering and market research/VOC to gain understanding of market and customer dynamics. Converts market knowledge into recommendations for the sales team.
- Engage with sales & commercial teams to understand customer needs and current demands, competitive dynamics, macroeconomic trends, and new technology and product feature needs within a given industry.
- Track monthly budgets and revenue performance for the vertical sales and marketing teams.
What you should have:
- BS or BA degree in business, marketing; MS, MBA, or MA in marketing or business management preferred
- Four or more years of progressive experience as a marketing professional in B2B or SaaS business
- Experience developing demand generation with promotional tools and strategies
- Proficiency in reporting tools, such as Salesforce, Domo, and Excel
- Understand financial reports and business statements
- Understand of competitive intelligence techniques
- Develop business/product/marketing plans
- Develop strategic marketing plans
- Manage many tasks simultaneously
- Open and transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Awesome opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.