Vertica developer with 8+yrs of experience .
Financial domain a must.
Job Description: Senior level Vertica developerresponsibilities for the development, testing, documentation, and turning things over.
RequiredExperience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Vertica design and architectureexperience
Perform bulk data loads from flat files to Vertica. Financial domain
Experience with Vertica Performance tuning for load and consumption
Perform bulk data loads from flat files to Vertica.
Planning and implementing effective BI capabilities is often a complex and challenging. HARKENDATA has helped hundreds of customers undertake complicated, enterprise-wide BI projects on time and on budget, mitigating risk and providing maximum business benefit. The difference is the consistent use of our proven methodology for solution delivery and BI program management based on best-practices that is specific for BI projects: “The HARKENDATA Way.”
This comprehensive, componentized methodology is designed to ensure the successful completion of each step, while staying focused on the overall goal. By adhering to this proven methodology, our BI consultants are able to help commercial enterprises undertake complicated, enterprise-wide information integration projects and complete their BI and data warehousing (DW) efforts on time and on budget.
Built on the best practices and experience distilled from hundreds of BI/DW customer projects delivered by HARKENDATA professionals, our BI methodology is comprised of a series of stand-alone activities organized into five phases:
- Imagine – creates the enterprise information strategy and a detailed roadmap to achieve desired results tied to business improvement opportunities;
- Architect – defines detailed business, data and systems requirements and produces the implementation “blueprint” with detailed architecture and system design specifications;
- Implement – converts designs into completely fully tested software products with agreed-upon functionality and also facilitates user training for the initial deployment; and
- Utilize – deploys fully functional and user-accepted systems into the production environment, monitors and supports the system and users in daily operations and knowledge transfer and;
- Maintain and Measure – provides ongoing operations, system administration, tuning and help desk support that feeds back into the life cycle with “on the ground” information.