Spectrolab, Inc., is seeking a Senior Server and SAP BASIS Administrator to join our Business Information Systems (BIS) group to help plan, develop, design, integrate and maintain SAP and factory-unique computer applications. This position is located at our manufacturing facility in Sylmar, California.
- SAP BASIS Administration - Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are imported properly.
- SAP BASIS - Back-up Support for off-site vendor – Provide back-up or secondary support for certain aspects of SAP Basis Administration. Spectrolab maintains an off-site vendor to provide primary support for many aspects of SAP BASIS Administration.
- Manage Windows Hardware and Software Security – Maintain hardware access control plans, application criticality assessments, disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Maintain security controls as required by Boeing Information Systems Security policy.
- Manage Spectrolab’s Sylmar Data Center – Maintain and procure hardware including servers, UPS, local and network storage, and back-ups. System Integrator and System Administrator for local physical and virtual servers running Windows2008 and 2012. Configure/support Open Filer software SAN. Maintain/manage AutoDesk Vault including back-ups and restores.
- Manage Servers in Boeing Enterprise Data Centers – Upgrade and patch operating systems; MS SQL and Oracle databases; manage monthly server patching, working in coordination with Boeing’s Enterprise server team.
- Manage Spectrolab Factory Software – AutoDesk Vault, SAP (SAP GUI, BW User Interface, Portal, Solution manager & Gateway), iXOS, Factory Automation Software
Spectrolab, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is the world’s leading merchant supplier of the Highest-Efficiency Multijunction Solar Cells for Spacecraft Power Systems, with proven reliability drawn from of space heritage. Spectrolab’s state-of-the-art space solar cells and panels power satellites in Earth’s orbit, as well as, the International Space Station. Since its founding in 1956, Spectrolab has led the way in the development of high-efficiency solar cells for space missions.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- 7+ years’ experience administrating servers with Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012 Operating System
- 7+ years’ experience performing SAP BASIS Administration
- Experience with Open Filer software
- Experience with Autodesk Vault
- Experience with iXOS Document Archive software
- Familiarity with Boeing’s Application registration and security compliance systems to include ESATS, BASIC, and Risk Sorter.
- Familiarity with Boeing’s Enterprise Server Support processes
Typical Education / Experience
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.