About the role
ARM has a large and growing portfolio of processor, media and system IP products, the complexity of which are naturally growing over time. RTL verification is a key activity across all ARM’s product groups through simulation, formal techniques and hardware acceleration. The IP Group has recently established a central organization whose remit is to drive and co-ordinate verification methodologies and drive improvements in deterministic delivery and quality.
What will I be accountable for?
- Responsible for capture of verification requirements from IP product groups into product development through successful deployment and continued verification service to engineering
- Partner with IP product groups to extract verification test benches for replication in other environments
- Develop infrastructure to support EDA benchmarking strategy and the development of verification strategies for deployment to IP product groups
- Develop parsers and automation to generate benchmark datasets across multiple test benches with multiple modes of execution
- Running benchmark regressions on various sample test benches/projects
- EDA tool installations and regression runs for functional evaluations
- Debug any issues and work with EDA Vendors to resolve
- You will have a proven track record in verification infrastructure development with experience and specific skills in several of the following areas:
- Unit verification build and run flow development
- Scripting for data extraction and infrastructure development : Perl, Python
- Configuration management : Git
- General knowledge of data base structure : JSON files is a desirable skill
- Knowledge of verification data sources and project usage
- You will have the ability to work closely with verification project teams both locally and globally. ARM operates a scaled-out system and you should have experience of the challenges of deploying technology across a global organization. You will understand the value of metrics, will have a “measure everything” philosophy, and have proven how we can use that to drive continuous improvement.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- A good university degree in electronic engineering, engineering or computer science
- Other science graduates would be considered if they have the significant experience
- Experience of verification infrastructure development and delivering to defined schedules
- Good communications skills at multiple levels across organizations &