Advantage | ForbesBooks has an exciting opportunity for a Vendor Relationship Manager. The Vendor Relationship Manager will facilitate and maintain vendor relationships between businesses and suppliers. The Vendor Relationship Manager will be central to negotiating contracts, creating vendor standards, and finding the best available vendors. Advantage | ForbesBooks works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
- Manage all relationships with vendors, in both print and other areas. This requires excellent communication skills and an ability to manage changes in timing, budget and scope.
- Grow our book print vendor network. Need to develop new traditional offset printing relationships within the US and Canada and also build our print on demand network beyond our distributor.
- Work with contractor pricing. Ensure that the contract pricing with our active 1099 network is consistent, competitive and regularly reviewed to ensure that we are realizing the best value for both the company and our clients.
- Proactively work with our shipping partners to guarantee best pricing.
- Manage and maintain external vendor relationships at all Advantage Family companies.
- Manages relationships with all software application platforms, including but not limited to Salesforce and Workfront.
- Manage and review all vendor contracts annually and upon renewal date.
- Review vendor pricing and terms to evaluate vendor selection
- Perform as a functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate all vendor management tasks inclusive of working with external vendors and internal team members.
- Define, monitor, and assess key performance metrics to ensure vendor(s) meet business needs with an emphasis on maximizing value and efficiency of these relationships vs. alternative approaches.
- Ensure company-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
- Help and coordinate vendor processes and methods to approve vendors.
- Track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare for solutions.
- Identify and implement continuously enhance efficiencies associated with vendor management plus produce fulfillment.
- Participate to formulate workflow processes, methods and policies for applying vendors.
- Maintain a pipeline of potential opportunities contemplating learnings to date and evolving business needs. Oversee the implementation of programs and new initiatives.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in analytics, strategy, and third party vendor management strongly preferred. Strong analytical and decision making capabilities required.
- Requires a high level of reading, comprehension and dissemination of information
- Ability to build strong working relationships across organizations and cultures at all levels and lead work across multiple stakeholders under competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Must be resourceful and able to overcome obstacles on his/her own
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- 4-year degree required
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, and telephone. Near visual acuity is required in order to work with computers.
- May occasionally require the employee to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee should be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Employee may be occasionally required to perform light to moderate lifting of office supplies, up to 20 pounds.