Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Vendor Master Data Analyst. The Vendor Master Data Analyst is a member of the Procurement team that is responsible for maintaining a Global system to ensure full accuracy of vendor information and to streamline the vendor record management process for a worldwide procurement solution. This position is located in Rochester, NY or Raritan, NJ.
- Global vendor master process ownership and execution applies across 28 countries and 4500+ vendors.
- The position is also responsible for the timely processing of requests to create or update vendor master records ensuring all master data is accurate, complete and is created and edited in a timely manner.
- This position owns the I process and will lead global false positive investigations and resolutions through leadership of weekly GTS governance meetings with Compliance/Legal.
- This critical control point is accountable to ensure that Ortho does not do business with a supplier on a sanction party list as defined by world government agencies.
- The Vendor Master Data Analyst position will develop policy and procedures in concert with process owners, conduct audits, perform analysis, recommend improvements, support current implementation projects and perform ongoing support.
- The analyst supports the Procure to Pay process team and supports the creation of documentation and will provide support in the deployment of future enhancements or new functionality.
- Coordinates requests to create or update vendor records. Checks to determine the vendor status (whether the vendor record already exist or not, or if this change is already shown or not). Interfaces with vendors on company structure and acts as a liaison between vendor and shared services in establishing vendor setup/modifications.
- Performs process development, auditing, and system synchronization accountability between Ortho’s global ERP systems including vendor master, goods receipt and invoice failures. Continuous evaluation of vendor master globally for payment term optimization including coordination of treasury and sourcing. Extracts information for audit and measurement reporting purposes, etc. Perform analysis and report on vendor master and transactional data. Recommend changes to improve overall data quality, improve processing times, and anticipate future needs.
- Global GTS ownership, lead global false positive investigations and resolutions through leadership of weekly GTS governance meetings with Compliance/Legal. Expansion of GTS process and system reach through integration with rollout across Asia Pacific region. Critical control point is accountable to ensure that Ortho does not do business with a supplier on a sanction party list as defined by world government agencies.
- Support developing communications, training curricula, and training materials. Train end users in Ortho’s global ERP systems. Work with business process owners and others to document how SAP Master Data integrates with new business processes. Maintain documentation on processes and procedures. Inform the workflow team members about required changes.
- Monitoring of incoming requests on a regular basis and provide correct and timely responses to requests as per agreed turnaround times. Meet deadlines for the entry of request. Execute vendor creations or modifications to the data from the request.
- Facilitation with procurement and quality with the Approved Supplier List validation, including an understanding of goods and services provided by vendor.
- Prioritize workload to enable the team to meet their targets. Leads continuous improvement and cycle time reduction activities to add/modify/delete new and existing vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Procure to Pay processes
- Working knowledge of SAP vendor master (underlying tables and fields) and how to create, modify, or extend master data objects
- Organizing requirements using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/validation
- Data profiling, data analysis, statistical analysis
- Process mapping and analysis
- Working in high performing teams
- Developing structured user manuals and training
Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, SAP)
- Strong interpersonal skills; participate in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Time management skills-must be able to prioritize tasks and address the most critical and pressing demands first.