Vendor Manager - Banking
Less than 5 years experience • Information Services
Vendor Manager - Banking - MO #3754
Location St. Louis MO
Under general direction, this position manages the overall vendor management program.
The position will be responsible for the life cycle of third party vendor relationships including: performing vendor due diligence and oversight; assessing vendor risk; providing guidance to, and coordination with, business units on contract review and negotiation; managing portfolio of vendor contracts; and assisting with documentation required for regulatory compliance and audits.
This position will work closely with other departments including but not limited to, information technology, finance, risk management, information security, legal and deposit/loan operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage vendor relationships for all existing and new initiatives
* Coordinate with business units to ensure that vendor relationships further business objectives and satisfy operational, technology, legal, and compliance requirements
* Perform due diligence on prospective and current vendors, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of vendor responses, documenting findings, and maintaining all supporting documentation all in accordance with Vendor Management Policy
* Deliver contracts to vendors, review vendor responses and lead contract negotiations in coordination with legal counsel and business units
* Schedule and perform annual audits of vendors and contract files
* Coordinate with vendor, management, internal audit, information security, and finance to gather information and to assess project and vendor risk
* Prepare regular vendor management reports for senior leadership and board as necessary
* Maintain contract management system including managing contract renewals, expirations and service level agreements in accordance with Vendor Management Policy.
* Assist with establishing, maintaining and implementing policies and procedures to ensure adequate vendor oversight
* Respond to requests for vendor management-related information and deliverables from FDIC, internal audit and other regulatory reporting agencies or outside auditing firms
* Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
* Able to problem-solve, take initiative for projects and work independently with minimal supervisory oversight
* Demonstrates strong record-keeping, time-management and general organizational skills
* Able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Demonstrates professionalism and accountability.
* General working knowledge and understanding of IT systems.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT or related field.
* Minimum of three to five years in vendor management, preferably for a financial institution.
Computer and Software Skills:
* Advanced skills in MS Office, Google applications and vendor management systems
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT or related field.
2. 3+ years of experience in vendor management, preferably for a financial institution.
3. Advanced skills in MS Office, Google applications and vendor management systems.