The Vendor Management Analyst II is responsible for overseeing and facilitating adherence by several Information Technology vendors to the Corporate Vendor Management Policy. Be an advocate for the vendor management process, including vendor evaluations, selection, agreement creation, contract negotiation, auditing vendor documents, compliance with government regulator directives, and performance monitoring. Lead cross functional teams regarding basic IT commodity sourcing events, bids and proposals, including hardware, software, licensing, and services. Monitor vendor compliance with federal regulations regarding technology, security, operations and data protection. Ensure accurate vendor risk ratings are completed on a regular basis, and collect, validate and store all required vendor artifacts and documentation per contractual requirements. Research potential new vendors to ensure financial viability and mitigate risk. Create purchase orders, and perform vendor invoice review, validation and processing.
- Primary Vendor Management contact for several of the Bank’s Information Technology suppliers. Oversee adherence to the Corporate Vendor Management Policy by reviewing and maintaining vendor documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct regular vendor risk reviews, maintain current contract artifacts, and obtain applicable approval for any exceptions to the vendor management policy. The Vendor Management Analyst II will interact with Bank’s subject matter experts, internal and external auditors, and regulators on compliance and governance-related issues.
- Research, analyze and evaluate vendors and recommend new vendor purchases. Negotiate contracts/agreements, maintain documentation and risk assess vendors. Manage contract review discussions between the vendors and the Legal department. Coordinate support with regard to basic commodity bids and proposals. Create purchase orders and be responsible for confirming costs are in budget.
- Serve as primary point of contact for vendor management related questions and issues. Provide support to the organization for problems with vendor products and services. Manage cross functional teams monitoring vendor performance, cost, contract, or risk. Prepare documents, and participate in internal and external discussions regarding vendor management issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and four or more years of experience or training in Vendor/Supplier Management, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Information Technology, Auditing and Financial Compliance; or a high school diploma and 8 or more years of related experience or training. Certification in Supply Chain or Procurement recommended.
- Excellent skills and demonstrated ability with project management; personal computer operation; word processing, spreadsheet software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); and SharePoint. Comfortable with creating Excel financial analysis models, data graphs and charts, pivot tables, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial services and general banking, including understanding of bank products, services, and regulations, policies and procedures. This level of expertise typically is achieved through 4+ years of experience in the financial services sector.
- Exceptional integration and communication skills with proven ability to establish relationships and collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Proficiency in diplomacy to ensure effective working relationships with vendors. Familiarity with ITIL Foundations, and ServiceNow modules and daily operations. Familiarity with Supplier Diversity best practices.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with federal or state regulations regarding technology, operations and data protection. Understanding of FFIEC auditing regulations in the financial services industry is preferred.
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Req No. 2017-3785