In this position you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring vendor contracts comply with applicable regulatory requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial health plans, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
- Be responsible for ensuring vendor contracts comply with organizational policies and procedures, including insurance requirements.
- Assist business stakeholders with vendor contract lifecycle management, including routine negotiation, execution, and administration.
- Perform risk assessments of vendor contract terms and conditions and works with the Providence St. Joseph Health Department of Legal Affairs and the business to resolve identified issues.
- Maintain the vendor contract database, including a system for monitoring notice requirements, term and termination, and ongoing maintenance of vendor contracts.
- Perform work impacting the Company’s legal, regulatory, contractual, and financial obligations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree -or-
- Equivalent work experience) in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, accounting or related field
- 5 years of experience with contracting, legal or related department experience including negotiation, preparation, review, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of contracts and other legal documents; supply chain/vendor management; and demonstrating competence and the working knowledge and understanding of contract lifecycle management and the contracting environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Experience with health plan regulatory compliance matters
- Supervisory experience