VEHICLE SUBSYSTEMS ENGINEER
REQUISITION NUMBER: TFEN-CASB01555744
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide — one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in St Bruno, Quebec you will review and analyse Customer and Standards system requirements and technical data to establish derived system requirements. You will develop work plans and estimate as they relate to systems integration work tasks and then develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations. You will coordinate system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing and create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution. You will interface with various team members such as management, administration, procurement, legal, and support staff on a regular basis the same you will provide customer with post-installation and integration support. You will research, evaluate, recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon client and/or system needs, manage and document system configurations. You will draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents. You will also develop and complete actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines and then you will oversee transition into production.
In your role you will:
- Require system analysis, clarify, interprete and align to other engineering disciplines to establish common technical view;
- Prepare high-level system concept/architecture and design and select system major components based on the captured system and derived requirements;
- Prepare system technical documentation (e.g. SRD, technical description, etc.) for supplier query and selection as well as follow-on selected supplier management;
- Review or prepare system ICDs and align communication issues with other interfacing systems;
- Perform analysis to confirm that the designed system will meet requirements by evaluating system weight, power, throughput, and output predictions for hardware systems, and memory usage, interface traffic, and response times for software systems, etc;
- Prepare/review/support system relevant verification and validation activities (e.g. test procedure preparation, test conduct and/or support, FAI witnessing, etc);
- Support transition into production;
- Manage and document system configurations.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering or a related subject;
- You have basic understanding of systems life-cycle and corresponding activities;
- You have a good understanding of the main functions directly interrelated with the system engineered as well as the corresponding influences and interfaces.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.