Vehicle Integration Leader - Telematics
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Senior Project Engineer in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is innovating how we do business. IoT (Internet of Things) is not just a buzzword at HYG, it is an integrated part of our designs. HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will help us connect all truck models globally to the Internet of Things. This role plays an important role in creating, modifying, and implementing designs on our current and future product offerings. This individual interacts globally with all aspects of the organization, including engineering, manufacturing, procurement, test, and external vendors to ensure that we deliver quality telematics solutions. Join our team as we take our forklifts to the Internet.
- Work Globally – Advise and support global team application of components for connectivity to IoT
- Think Globally- Support strategic development of expanded capabilities of the IoT platform through our internal design teams and external vendors
- Design Globally – Influence global design teams as technologies change and improve
- Work with internal functional teams and special product engineering groups, and external vendors, to develop and release the on-truck Telematics modules.
- Provides product design documentation through the creation of functional specifications, and customer requirement specifications.
- Develop and deploy systems to improve plant and aftermarket installation processes of IoT platform.
- Provide technical direction to Designers, Engineers, and Test Personnel.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 8-10 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge/skill in drafting practices, CAD, design layouts, engineering analysis, design, and vehicle/automotive technology.
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
- Preferred: knowledge and experience in telematics systems and their integration into mobile equipment.
- Significant experience in engineering, process and project management, operational and personnel management
- Project management skills for internal and external program management
- Previous experience integrating both mechanical and electrical systems into machines or vehicles
- Understanding of the software development process and how to specify changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with refined team building and leadership abilities