We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company’s success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.
In particular, we offer:
- Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
- Visionary leadership
- Excellent compensation packages
- An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits including 401k with match
- Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
- Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
This is a key position in a fast paced, rapidly growing business with significant responsibility and opportunity for career growth.
- Program and project leadership for the CalAmp vehicle telematics team.
- Provide primary program interface to key customers, internal and external, for VE services such as fleet compatibility, telematics SLA metrics, data accuracy and security for North American, European, and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Work with PLM and Development leadership to build a technology roadmap for connected vehicle solutions.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams to insure coordination and synchronization of program activities, dependencies and milestones.
- Drive resources to develop the latest technology in obtaining best in class vehicle parametric coverage
- Work with current and onboard new 3rd party service providers and technology partners to rapidly scale vehicle coverage and data monetization.
- Work with software engineering to build a comprehensive certification database which captures latest test status and can provide immediate vehicle library status to internal customers.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of multiple concurrent projects to achieve successful completion of project objectives.
- Work with customers to agree on and lock down product and program requirements up front; document and communicate requirements to customer and cross functional CalAmp team
- Create project plans covering integrated schedule with interdependencies, resources, risks, quality and commercialization.
- Monitor program metrics, report project status, and provide measured escalation
- Manage program risk and develop mitigation strategies
- Monitor development and product costs to insure program success
- Assist in establishing and enhancing project management systems and processes across the TSBU organization commensurate with size and growth of the organization.
- Institutionalize and foster best practices
- Focus on continuous process improvement
- 8+ years acting as a development engineering manager or project lead in a large, multi-discipline R&D department
- 5+ years of Program Management experience
- 3+ years experience in automotive or heavy equipment telematics systems architecture, design, validation or program management.
- 3+ years experience in Wireless or Cellular product development.
- Experience with development or program leadership of gas, electric or hybrid vehicle sub-systems
- Knowledge of modules or toolsets for VBUS Diagnostics, CAN Communication, ECU, TCU and ABS, UDS Unified diagnostic services.
- Experience with FMEA, DVP&R and ASPICE (or equivalent) product development and compliance testing process.
- Customer oriented, responsive, and commercially aware.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, MSPreferred