This position is in SCE’s Vegetation Management (VM) Compliance and Support Department and reports directly to the VM Compliance and Support Senior Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day VM “Operations Support” functions that ensure VM work such as pre-inspections, pruning, and hazard tree removals, are appropriately scheduled and implemented without delay to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and standards such as NERC Standard FAC-003-4, CPUC GO 95 Rule 35/37, Public Resource Codes 4292/4293 and other relevant California Fire regulations.
This position is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of VM program operations, mitigating potentially complex operational deficiencies, providing recommendations regarding strategic focus to the department, and maintaining appropriate levels of staffing. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to reviewing and approving the annual VM work plan, ensuring VM work is performed accurately and timely to support commitments made in corporate and strategic efforts related to VM, such as Grid Resiliency & Public Safety.
This manager provides functional direction and guidance (as required) to analysts and advisors responsible for managing schedule, work interruptions, delays, and unplanned/emergent work. Work interruptions may include such things as the inability to access areas scheduled for VM maintenance for conditions such as customer refusals, lack of permitting, environmental regulations etc. In addition, this position is responsible for the management of vegetation threat conditions such as imminent threats (tree line contact) conditions which pose an immediate threat to public safety. This position is also responsible for overall VM records management and functionality of the VM work management system.
- Managing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of Operations Support personnel.
- Ensuring direct reports comply with VM program requirements and ensuring that personnel document, produce, and store compliance evidence for audits and/or internal assessments.
- Overseeing and providing functional direction, when needed, and guidance for the scheduling of all VM field work, work interruptions, event management, records management and work management system(s).
- Contributing to the development of departmental business plans and corporate objectives regarding VM activities and providing recommendations regarding VM work activities relative to short- and long-range objectives.
- Developing business plans and directing the preparation of complex analysis, reviews and making recommendations and decisions that impact the work group and providing recommendations to senior management on process improvements and other critical items.
- Making decisions on daily business/operational issues as required.
- Exercising judgment to determine when issue resolution requires escalation to the senior manager or higher levels of management. Frequent contact with T&D management team regarding program status, contact with T&D Senior Management on occasion.
- Five or more years of combined experience performing vegetation management or supervising an organization.
- Two or more years-experience working with, or implementing an electronic Work Management System.
- Two or more years-experience working with Vegetation Management Codes and Standards such as NERC Standard FAC-003, GO95 Rule 35/37, Public Resource Codes 4292 & 4293
- Experience working in a highly demanding and fast paced work environment
- Experience working under a heavily regulated and audited environment
- Experience working under a Quality Management System
- Ability to lead a diverse team focused on innovation, change management and employee development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to achieve results through others by prioritizing activities, delegating and monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding employees accountable for results.
- Ability to create a positive high performance work environment
- Experience managing budgets
- Bachelor Degree
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via-email and are encouraged to immediately begin preparing for any tests required in this
- Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessments may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
Job ID: 71023834