Salary depends on experience
Posted on 02/28/18 by Emily Russo
Less than 5 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 02/28/18 Emily Russo
We are looking for VDI Engineer for our client in Dallas, TX
Job Title: ??VDI Engineer
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Primary responsibilities of the VDI Consultant includes responsibility for the design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the VDI environment (comprised of industry standard technologies such as Citrix, VMware and Nutanix) You will assist with the management, support, and oversight of the virtual server environments and business continuity processes during the lifespan of this project. You will assist with managing, maintaining, monitoring and securing (including data security) of all Health System servers including installations, upgrades, patches and documentation.
- The candidate will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders. This is an experienced individual contributor position that will work with cross-functional team members for day-to-day activities. This candidate will be accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including schedule and quality compliance. Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities withother cross-functional team members to meet project goals
- Applies optimal testing techniques and performs necessary quality control checks to verify software installation packages work as designed.
- Complies with software packaging quality and performance standards, and testing processes and procedures.
- Develop and manage build and release processes and configurations to support daily software development, testing, production builds and deployment operations.
- Contribute to the collection, development, review, and adoption of enterprise software build strategies, software branching strategies, configuration management, deployment practices and techniques.
- Recommend, design, develop, adapt, integrate and troubleshoot tools and plug-ins to support the software configuration management (SCM) system and database.
- Stand up, troubleshoot and maintain documentation for build servers and virtual environments.
- Actively participate in the dissemination of build and configuration status information through formal, informal and persistent communication to program and product delivery teams and managers.
- Contribute in implementation and adherence to continuous integration practices, including build automation, test automation, fast builds and clean build maintenance.
- Coordinate and deliver production-ready release packages to deployment teams through a coordinated and scheduled configuration control process.
- Directly assist teams in their setup of solutions and projects to align and enable best practices in software management, branching, merging and packaging.
- Minimum 5years?experience developing and/or managing software source code
- 3+ years? recent experience as a build and deployment engineer using industry standard tools.
- 5+ years?experience setting up and configuring build servers and build agents.
- Experiencewith deployment tools and virtual lab management.
- Experience building and deploying with Linux, UNIX and Windowstechnologies.
- Experiencesupporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments.
- Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management tools
- Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems
- Ongoing management of configuration and layout of VMware virtual infrastructure
- Perform necessary virtual infrastructure maintenance in accordance with company / customer standard processes
- Expertise in VMware technologies including optimal use of VMware functionality, such as VSphere, VMotion and VMware Horizon View
- Ability to work in team environment withother technical members and other disciplines
- Linux System Administration skill sets
- Experiencewith process development and deployment
- Expertise with one or more of the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Expertise with EMC VNX storage systems
- Experience in the following areas:
- Patch Management, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security through hardening and GPO's and system monitoring and logging
- Proficiency withMS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio).
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and/or Computer Science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years?experience and proven success in VDI design, support and management within a large-scale organization.
- Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies (Citrix XenApp) and virtual desktop infrastructures (Citrix XenDesktop) including knowledge of disaster recovery concepts.
- Proven operational knowledge of virtual server hosting environments (VMware ESX, Hyper-V) including knowledge of disaster recovery concepts.
- Proven operational experience of Citrix SDX NetScaler technologies and concepts.
- Proven operational knowledge of enterprise level networking technologies and concepts (Cisco, Juniper, etc.) including knowledge of management features.
- Experiencewith hyper-converged (Nutanix) compute technologies. (Preferred)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenDesktop (current version) (Preferred)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for NetScaler 10 (Preferred)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator on Windows Server 2012 (Preferred)
- Experiencewith backup technologies (IBM TSM, VEEAM). (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of IT Project Management techniques/processes. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and proven expertise in intrusion detection and remediation. (Preferred)