We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The VDC Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the successful creation and modification of documents and drawings in 2D and 3D from conceptual design through successful installation for electrical and specialty system construction by leading and instruction the virtual construction team of VDC Detailers and VDC Modelers. The ideal candidate would be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), able to interpret drawings and prints of all construction trades, have knowledge of the electrical construction trade and of the National Electric Code (NEC) (required), electrical construction and installation practices, and have strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Experience: 6 years of electrical detailing experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 10 years of field experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Performs work to the standards of VDC Modeler, VDC Detailer and Senior VDC Detailer.
- Works with the VDC Manager and other Virtual Construction Supervisors in balancing resources across all branch locations.
- Monitors all upcoming projects that require detailing and modeling along with available resources and assigns appropriate detailer or modeler to projects.
- Provides ongoing mentoring and support training for detailers and modelers. Develops and evaluates direct reports.
- Review VDC estimates and scope created by VDC Detailers and Senior VDC Detailers for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitors progress of detailers and modelers to ensure they are on track to meet budgeted hours and cost goals for detailing and modeling. Works with the VDC Manager and Group Leader - VDC to mitigate exposure on projects that are at risk of exceeding established goals.
- Performs QA/QC checks on detailer documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan for, complete, and implement assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.