Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Managing and overseeing BIM field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Managing and developing high performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensuring regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Working in conjunction with operations management staff to plan which BIM tools and processes will be leveraged on each job based on job constraints and challenges, to help ensure proper resource allocation. Participating in regularly scheduled Operation Review meetings to keep management informed on progress and impact of BIM-based operations.
- Working in conjunction with project manager for quality assurance/ quality control through the leveraging of models.
- Providing leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee, and pricing decisions of BIM based project scope.
- Driving enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff through BIM modeling for task preplanning.
- Developing and improving upon assigned client relationships and fostering a “trusted advisor” status
- Advising, interpreting, and enforcing Turner’s contract and subcontract agreements, especially as related to model use and transfer and data fidelity.
- Fostering and enhancing architect, subcontractor, and vendor relations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction BIM tools and applications in cost, scheduling, estimating, and coordination principles. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Utilizes leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Should specifically be proficient with BIM based computer applications such as Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, Autodesk Revit.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.