This positions primary responsibility is to manage and operate all Virtual Design and Construction software and hardware to develop constructability review and construction plans, assist with project structural design, perform quantity take-offs, and provide 3D and 4D graphic and animation proposal development products for large heavy civil projects across the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently generate 3D and 4D models;
- Independently calculate quantities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Collaboration with staff and project teams;
- Writing proposals;
- Job cost tracking and reporting;
- Effectively manage and lead a team to meet demand for deliverables;
- Experience with leading direct reports;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Understand and follow directions;
- Must be well organized;
- Multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Quickly learn and run new software and updated programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
This job is performed primarily at the Skanska USA VDC Center of Excellence in Waltham. Some travel may be involved, as projects are located throughout the United States. Travel is typically limited to project pursuit meetings and periodic update meetings during construction.
We’re Looking For:
- Experience in Autodesk and/or Bentley software products;
- Knowledge of Civil 3D and 3Ds Max;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledge of Revit, Tekla, Navisworks is a plus but not required;
- Knowledge of general construction, Roadway, Paving, Bridges, Drainage, etc.;
- Ability to perform quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines;
- Demonstrated proficiency of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Project Management and Oversight;
- Minimum 5 years of VDC experience working in the construction, construction management, engineering or architecture field. Engineering or Architectural Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.