Faith Technologies enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety.
We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The VDC General Superintendent is responsible for planning and coordinating VDC Superintendent resources with the detailing/modeling of electrical construction projects from conception to installation. This position will focus on schedule, budget, model status, constructability, and prefabrication assemblies to support installation efforts. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite and proficient in the use of Bluebeam Studio or other pdf document markup software.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 10+ years of field experience, including not less than 5 years of successful experience as a project superintendent (preferred)
- Journeyman or Master's License required
- Works with the VDC Group Leader, Preconstruction Group Leader, Construction Group Leader, Preconstruction Manager, and Project Manager to assign resources for project support while being cognizant of schedule, budget, and constructability.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of VDC Superintendent resources, processes, and procedures.
- Provides input to VDC on prioritization of areas, constructability, means and methods.
- Helps to drive the decision-making process by evaluating risk versus reward with the project team.
- Provides regular status updates to construction and preconstruction team with respect to deliverable dates.
- Identifies/plans manufacturing opportunities and ensure clear and accurate manufactured drawings are provided.
- Assists with change/rework tracking for budget adjustment and validation.
- Coordinates with Excellerate for accurate material lead times and build durations.
- Provides frequent and clear feedback on team effectiveness, standards, issue tracking, and any other process improvement strategies.
- Collaborates with the Preconstruction Manager and Project Manager to ensure detailing activities and documentation are being managed to align with operational intent and durations.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan for, complete, and implement assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates approachability and ability to collaborate with others and effectively influence.
- Manages the boundaries that separate units which report directly and with other parts of the business. Monitors the flow of work between his/her unit and others in the organization; asking questions, and recommending improvements. Understands and conveys functional strategies, business strategies, and corporate mission. Fosters effective cross-functional collaborations to accelerate work processes.
- Acts as coach and developer of talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals. Evaluates candidates' willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability. Holds Superintendents who report to him/her accountable for his/her work.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.