Seeking an experienced and proven leader in the mechanicalconstruction industry to lead a VD/BIM team at a well established and growing company. Multi-regional over-site with a very attractive compensation package.
- 10 years of Experience in the detailed drafting and coordination of complex mechanical projects
- Proven ability to schedule on a department level and monitor and maintain the same.
- Demonstrated experience with Computer Programs/Systems used in the drafting, coordination, collision verification and fabrication spooling.
- Displays leadership capabilities and can supervise BIM Coordinators in the Corporate Office, Regional Offices and remote project locations.
- Ability to read and interpret Contract documents, modeled construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to plan and organize activities
- Monitor Lead Coordinators in Regional offices to assure they are coordinating and supervising all BIM coordinators assigned to the regional office or project sites in the region.
- Provide leadership and vision for the department
- Maintain open communications between home office and field management staff.
- Create a team atmosphere where everyone in the BIM department understands the goals and how their involvement in the project is vital to its success.
- Provide projects man hours and durations for schedule development and ensure team wide understanding of the BIM requirements for a project.
- Consistently maintain or exceed scheduling expectations
- Provide to the project team the plan of the schedule for drawing completion and progress against that plan
- Supervise all BIM staff for conformance with position descriptions and the Company Policy and Procedures.
- Integrate the BIM personnel as part of the dynamic project team
- Assure that all work hours are documented daily and are accurate
- Provide BIM personnel support as required by project schedule
- Assist in Identifying, recruiting and evaluating BIM candidates for open positions.
- Assure that every individual assigned to a project is adequately trained in all software and procedures.
- Provide Training and Supervision of in-house BIM users for all upgrades, program modification and procedure changes.
- Secure outside training as required to maintain an industry leading group.
- Maintain optimum BIM Hardware and Software inventory
- Negotiate competitive pricing of BIM software purchases and maintenance contracts
- Order & maintain plotter supplies
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Provide technical support for all BIM software
- Coordinate with IT to facilitate integration, upgrades and licensing.
- Train Coordinators in files set up and support for the Trimble field lay out system.
- Responsible for developing and then maintaining project BIM cost/budgets
- Provide a budget for all BIM technology items
- Provide and manage a budget for training with a well-defined scope
- Review BIM operator progress on a routine basis to ensure productivity.
- Develop and Maintain the Revit Family Library
- Develop specification and material databases internal to Revit software
- Customization of Revit programs to optimize customer requirements and productivity
- Develop, implement and enforce Revit/BIM standards
- Routinely communicate with the projects about the accuracy of the model and drawings
- Develop and maintain document control procedures and control of all Revit and Navisworks files
- Maintain up-to-date drawing records per Company standards
- Organize the Revit/BIM virtual environment
- Maintain Revit/BIM document archive and retrieval for projects
- Audit and purge Revit files for project closeout
- Provide as-built drawings in the format and detail required by the contract documents.