The Account Executive is a senior level role within Client Delivery and Sales organization, leading client relationships where necessary as well as identifying, leading, negotiating the and selling end-to-end multi-year, multi-services and solution offerings from Conifer Health Solutions (Value Based Care). This position may require working closely with other Client Management staff to oversee, develop and maintain client relationships, including mentoring and guiding members of the Client Management staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a pipeline of qualified prospects, including:
-Creating and developing effective relationships with external prospects and channel partners
-Tracking pipeline status and completing assigned sales reports in an accurate and timely manner
-Representing the company at various community events, trade shows, and promotions, as required
- Lead sales pursuit team for leads identified including but not limited to:
-Effectively communicating internally and status and needs of prospect
-Develop and makes sales presentations to potential clients, as well as internal constituents
- Lead client relationship ensuring client satisfaction for assigned clients which includes but not limited to:
-Collaborate with clients’ top-level management to utilize purchased solutions to achive clients’ strategic objectives through coaching and consultation
-Coordinate and lead presentations to clients’ on status of current solutions
-Coordinate and lead client-related activities and interaction across Conifer services lines including implementation activities, issue resolution and add-on solutions
- Coach and mentor colleagues by providing feedback, training on new skill development, and ensuring standard business operations are performed as expected
- Assure proper contract completion for various plan elements such as; administrative agreement, re-insurance, network and ancillary plans, Oversee completion of client financial renewals for internal Finance Department
- Provide field input for product enhancement and new product development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Demonstrate success in growing sales revenue by developing new account relationships. Also, must bring well-developed prospecting skills, new account development experience, and highly proactive new business development style. This will include particular strengths in deal structure/shaping and closing skills.
- Able to manage all aspects of the sales cycle across revenue cycle solutions, including negotiating and closing customized deals, working closely with team (internal/external), coordinating and managing resources to effectively advance business deals to closure.
- Able to develop and engage in executive level value-based conversations with senior level decision makers and put together, or deliver, value-based proposals and presentations to prospective clients.
- Is honest, forthright, and trustworthy; takes responsibility for own mistakes, does not blame others; maintains high standards of ethical conduct
- Able to work cross-functionally within a matrix environment, influencing operational and support teams to collaborate for shared success.
- Understand the organization’s strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors; understands industry and market trends affecting the organization’s competitiveness; have an in-depth understanding of competitive products and services within the marketplace.
- Learns new and complex information quickly; apply newly acquired knowledge effectively; grasp and understand unfamiliar tasks easily.
- Identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization; approaches each problem situation with a clear perception of organizational and political reality; recognizes the course of alternative courses of action.
- Overcome obstacles to reach a desired position; works through significant resistance or major setbacks; prevails in spite of incredible odds.
- Able to seek out relevant information, define key issues, and decide on which steps to take to get the desired results; identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; provides solutions to individual and organizational problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ sales experience (healthcare)
- Show a proven track record of closing multi-million-dollar revenue sales with an excellent win-to-bid ratio
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of relevant work experience; at least 4 years’ experience managing client relationships
- Existing relationships with MD/DC/VA medical benefit Brokers
- Existing relationships with brokers and consultants Nationally
- Comprehensive knowledge of core product and service lines (Population Health)
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare industry, especially Self-Funded Employers