VBA Developer - Business Analyst II
I. Job Summary
Under supervision, designs and maintains basic logical and physical databases and spreadsheets, and assists in database and spreadsheet development. Will work in accounting department; may spend up to 20% of time performing accounting functions.
II. Duties and Responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Assists in analyzing, designing, creating, and implementing database and spreadsheet applications in all environments.
- Supports, maintains, optimizes, and monitors database and spreadsheet applications in all environments.
- Provides assistance in designing, testing, and implementing specific database and spreadsheet structural changes.
- Helps in investigating and resolving database and spreadsheet application problems.
- Participates in specification meetings with project team members to determine scope and limitations of projects.
- Maintains database schemas and data documentation.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory job duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Four years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Accounting knowledge/experience is a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Basic knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge of database analysis, design, and maintenance
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Understands infrastructure elements including performance and tuning considerations
- Backup and recovery experience
- Microsoft Access database development
- Microsoft Excel development
- VBA programming
- Understanding of TCP/IPnetworking environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
May require basic skills in one or more of the following:
- Ability to build relationships with peers and customers
- Demonstrate a customer-service centered service delivery approach
- Familiarity with backup or monitoring tools
- Experience working in a project-centered environment
- Ability to adjust and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Self-motivated and multi-tasking individual who works well in a team environment
- Experience in negotiating issues to resolution
Basic skills in one or more of the following preferred:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- T-SQL programming