Position: Application Programmer
Job Location: Atlanta, GA 30333
The candidate shall provide IT software development expertise to perform the following tasks for all Registry Plus Software applications:
· Provide ongoing systems design and application development support for Registry Plus applications based upon a set of priority lists that are updated by the client on a monthly basis. The requirements for these priorities (bug fixes and enhancements) are specified by the SME supporting the specific Registry Plus application; however, the client determines how the priorities are ranked.
These include updated consolidation directives, validation edits, conversions, and other requirements identified by SMEs. For each application, 3 releases will be developed per year.
· Develop tools and methods to streamline support for customers using the Registry Plus applications.
· Actively participate in Developers’ Meetings and provide input for enhancements of Registry Plus products.
· Prepare both technical documentation for customer-based IT support staff and training materials for end users of Registry Plus products.
· Continually assess Registry Plus security and privacy controls for compliance with national standards and modify software as needed to address any changes.
· Develop application security documentation for customer-based IT support staff and training materials for end users of Registry Plus products.
· Present and train applications for web and in-person meetings, conferences, and showcases. Occasional travel will be required for meetings to provide technical support or for the purpose of training customer based technical staff). At a minimum, 48 presentations/trainings/demonstrations will be provided.
· Develop and communicate to the client innovative/cutting edge ideas that will enhance and streamline support for Registry Plus. Innovative/cutting edge ideas provide a cost savings/greater automation for the government or end users of the Registry Plus applications.
· Experience in software development using: Microsoft.NET Framework/SQL Server with C#, C++, VB.NET, and TFS. 10+ years
· Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams including scientists, program staff and otherinformation technology professionals
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to provide technical assistance and consultation related to processes and procedures
· Cloud computing/engineering
· Web development
· Experience in cancer registry operations a plus