We are looking for VB Dot NET Programmer with HL7 Experience for our client in New York City, NY
Job Title: VB Dot NET Programmer with HL7 Experience
Job Location: New York City, NY
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Programmer Analyst designs and develops computer programs in accordance with the software development life cycle.
- Work experience in HL7 and CCD interfaces
- Work experience in advanced VB.Net, SQL and Microsoft Word, Excel and Access skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows
- Experience using Perl, Shell scriptinglanguages
- High comfort level with database design and architecture
- High comfort level with object-oriented programming
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Work experience in creating test scenarios and running tests to find errors and confirm computer programs meet specifications.
- Work experience in performing testing and review of code and related documentation as required.
- Work experience in converting designs and specifications into computer programs following programming standards and best practices.
- Work experience in analyzing code to find causes of errors and revise code.
- Work experience creating test scenarios and run tests to find errors and confirm computer programs meet specifications.
- Work experience performing testing and review of code and related documentation as required.
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.)
- Healthcareexperience strongly desired
- HL7 expertise (ADT and clinical messages
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and optimizing Information Exchange application. This includes batch file processing, real-time incoming HL7, CCD and SDA transactions, reporting, as well as infrastructuresupport as necessary.
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support
- Identify system performance opportunities by leveraging stability trends, incident ticket reviews, KPIs and other sources so as to continue to improve overall system health, services and solutions.
- Responsible for presenting release items to Change Advisory Board per application release.
- Maintain architectural diagrams depicting key operational process flows.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions on current production environment as new team members onboard.
- Define, and help continuously refine, the HIE Production Support and Incident Management workflow.
- Work directly with vendor support team(s) to open and resolve Tier 3 issues such as vendor software bugs.
- Develop programs and demonstrate a proficiency in at least one of programming languages.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer programs following programming standards and best practices.
- Create test scenarios and run tests to find errors and confirm computer programs meet specifications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revising code.
- Perform analysis and design.
- Lead the creation and documentation of solution designs that are in-line with the existing technical environment.
- Manage projects by maintaining project status and related documentation.
- Coordinate project related activities, including planning timelines, scheduling meetings, coordinating resources, and tracking performance
- Perform testing and review of code and related documentation as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.