Industry: Patient Care•
Not Specified years
Posted 371 days ago
About the position:
· The vascular surgery team at GMC is made up of six board-certified vascular surgeons,
6 physician extenders, vascular fellows and general surgery residents.
· The practice is limited to vascular and endovascular surgery – no general surgery
· Approximately 60% of the practice is endovascular
· Two dedicated state-of-the-art endovascular suites located in the OR
· ICAVL-accredited vascular lab with over 14,000 studies per year run within the vascular department
· In 2015, GMC’s Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery performed 1,700 cases and saw 6,400 office patients
· Practice includes carotid stents, TEVAR, EVAR, and fenestrated aortic grafts
· Accredited Vascular fellowship based in Danville with two fellows per year
· Accredited GMC general surgery residency residents rotate on the vascular surgery service.
· Research opportunities exist; participating in carotid stent trials, clinical aneurysm trials, genetic aortic aneurysm research and other clinical research.
· Call will be one in six- supported each night by house staff
Geisinger fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence while offering the best of life in small-town America-good schools, safe neighborhoods with affordable housing and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The surrounding natural beauty provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with NewYork, Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington DC just an afternoon’s drive away.
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a MagnetHospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
Job Id 34032