Variable Imaging Programmer Wi / Il top Pay
Publishing & Printing
We have been retained by a Midwest graphcis to find the best and brightest for this current Variable Imaging Programmer. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Variable Imaging - a department of our client that offers composition-through-delivery services, including just-in-time marketing strategies, workflow solutions, and comprehensive print production and distribution, all driven by data is seeking a Variable Imaging programmer. As a Variable Imaging programmer you would be using specialized industry supported software to write logic and precisely lay out variable and static elements on direct mail pieces in accordance with customer specifications. This position will be working directly with customers and various departments.
Successful candidates must be self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communications skills and have the ability to multi-task, analyze, troubleshoot, and problem-solve complex list processing scenarios in a fast paced production environment. Precision and accuracy are vital to success in this role.
Qualified candidate must also be able to meet deadlines, adapt to change, multi-task and troubleshoot problems when they arise. Proficiency with variable data print and composition software such as GMC Inspire, Page Flex, XMPie, Xtreme Dialogue or Fusion Pro is preferred as is an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Graphic Arts combined with any programming language experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded as management may deem necessary.
- Consult with client or supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
- Possess advanced skills in image manipulation and color management.
- Study instructions (illustrations, photographs, or text) to plan presentation of product, or service.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and create sample layouts.
- Analyzes customer data and integrates into variable templates using relational logic, basic programming language, and the application’s visual tools.
- Prepare proofs for client to gain approval for production of job.
- Create finished layout, or prepare instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts.
- Review quality of final product before release to production Document processes on all jobs.
- Document process or process improvements on all jobs.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes within industry.
Possess knowledge and initiative to automate processes, and make suggestions for improvements related to process, quality, and increasing overall productivity in the department.