We are currently seeking a Vehicle Accident Reconstructionist. The Vehicle Accident Reconstructionist will be responsible for investigating, analyzing, and reconstructing vehicular accidents. Duties include analyzing single- and multiple-vehicle collisions, speeds, and roadway drag factors, reaction times, impaired and non-impaired driving behavior, lamps, tires, time-distance relationships, and injury correlation to collisions. Prepares and presents demonstrative diagrams, charts, and analysis of the cause and origin of various collisions. May also inspect and analyze automotive or mechanical parts for the origin and cause of failure. Documents and preserves evidence obtained, prepares written reports of findings, and provides expert testimony in litigation as necessary. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Reconstructs vehicular accidents using engineering analysis, CAE-based tools, and test data where appropriate.
- Provides collision scene evidence analysis and forensic mapping of collision sites and vehicles.
- Evaluates cars, trucks, other various forms of transportation.
- Performs damage analysis, speeds from damage (energy), coefficient of friction of roadway, time and distance relationships, lamp analysis, occupant kinematics, vehicle dynamics, perception and reaction times, braking efficiency of air brake systems on commercial motor vehicles, and intersection traffic signal analysis.
- Inspects and analyzes automotive parts or mechanical parts to determine the cause of failure.
- Analyzes product liability, design, and safety.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- ACTAR Certified
- Experience using Total Stations, 3-D Scanners, and various reconstruction software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide expert witness testimony
- 5 + years of work experience in related field
- Physically able to climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces, crawl under cars and trucks and other vehicles to inspect damage.