A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a VaR OnboardingDeveloper to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee?s needs they must better understand their employees.
This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
You will join a team that helps facilitate financing and securities lending needs of sophisticated institutional clients comprised primarily of Top Tier Hedge Funds. The specific group you will join develops systems that calculate the daily Value at Risk and non-DVaR risk measures and supports the Risk Management group in their daily risk-management activities.
- Equity Finance is expanding its analytical platform to encompass new strategies in managing risk for a global portfolio of leveraged assets, help design and implement functionality to manage portfolio liquidity metrics, optimize and expand client financing and management algorithms, create and monitor management of stock loan and borrow flows, expand and facilitate PnL analytics.
- Developer who works on VaR integration for the Equity Desk.
- Roll out VaR analytic numbers for the Equity Desk in order to compute margin numbers in addition to sourcing Risk numbers from various upstream systems
- Besides the VaR Integration for Equities desk the role will also focus on onboarding new asset classes onto a strategic platform in order to compute Hist Sim based pnl vectors in order for VaR computation
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to support and improve the risk management platform.
- Build strong partnership with global stakeholders (includes traders, product management, quants and other stakeholders across all regions) to implement VaR.
- Strong ability to analyze data, detail orientation and good quantitative ability.
- Knowledge of financing business is a plus.
- Bachelor?s or Master?s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Math, Stats or related field.
- 7+ years in computer programming using scalable technologies. C#, C++ and F#
- 5+ years of Financial industry IT experience or related
- 4+ years of SQL Server programming skills.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- 4+ years on Object Oriented Programming, XML, MQ / Solace messaging and Continuous Integration
- 2+ years of knowledge of stats, numerical optimization, financial instruments? pricing is a significant plus; minimum college level robust knowledge of the topics is a requirement.
- 1+ years of experience on multithreading / parallel processing and application performance optimization
- Previous Riskexperience is a big plus.
- Exposure to Data Science discipline.