In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. Experience with vehicle accident reconstruction or a motor vehicle background is necessary. Experience with machine design, manufacturing, and consumer products is a plus. You will perform vehicle accident reconstruction and investigation failures involving vehicle systems (brakes, transmission, throttle, steering etc.), consumer products, appliances and plumbing. You will work as part of a team, with otherengineering specialties, to determine the root cause of an incident. You will prepare and presents demonstrative diagrams, charts, and analysis of the cause and origin of various incidents. You will perform vehicle accident reconstruction simulations. You will document and preserve evidence obtained, prepare written reports of findings, and provide expert testimony in litigation as necessary. You will perform timely accurate analysis, prepare reports, and present your findings to the client and other interested parties. You must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and be detail orientated. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential. Report writing skills are essential.
- Qualified applicants in Northern Indiana or the Indianapolis metropolitan area will be considered.
- Part-time and ex-law enforcement officers with extensive vehicle accident reconstructionexperience will be considered.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field; or 15years in related field.
- Professional Engineering, P.E., license by testing with ability to become licensed in additional states (NCEES preferred) preferred but not required
- Prior forensic and/or vehicle accident reconstructionexperience, three years minimum with P.E., 7 years minimum without.
- ACTAR certification or the ability to obtain it.
- Physical ability to perform all of the following functions is required: Climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces, if applicable. Shovel fire debris, move furniture and other household/ commercial items, if applicable. Operate lifts. Work outdoors in hot or cold weather. Lift up to 50 pounds. Use necessary safety equipment
- Perform duties that may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling or squatting for prolonged periods of time
- Job ID 2017-1515