Corporate Communications Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Be a brand storyteller. As a communications professional at Vans, you are charged with telling the storied legacy of a brand with over 50 years of heritage.
Vans is the icon of creative expression, and there are countless stories to tell not only to consumers but to the thousands of employees that work within the brand. Join us to become a Vans expert and work alongside the leaders of the original youth culture brand.
How You Will Make a Difference:
You will engage employees at Vans and across VF through internal communications that highlight key brand initiatives and milestones. You will have the ability to enhance internal communications to a growing business.
Create external brand stories that showcase the brand’s unique culture to potential new hires. You will connect with trade media through focused pitching that tells the story of key brand efforts to the industry.
You will manage relationships with media and industry experts on behalf of the brand. Align global PR leaders on key business storytelling opportunities. You will have the opportunity to create new and exciting ways to educate consumers and employees on Vans’ brand values. Become an expert on the Vans audience so you can create external stories that are important to them.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: Manager 7+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism or related field and a minimum of 5 years general management experience in the public relations or corporate communications fields or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in the fashion and action sports industries.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 30% amount of time.
- Lifting and/or bending 30lbs of weight.