SUMMARYLeads and motivates multiple single flow automation lines to ensure product quality, team member safety and on-time delivery, within budget. Oversees all activities in these lines to guarantee results on key performance indicators. Leads by action the ongoing development of the intact work groups as they learn and develop Autonomous Work Team principles practices. Coaches and supports the Value Stream Leaders to deliver results and develop their teams. Takes full responsibility for the financial performance, safety & quality performance, delivery performance, and customer satisfaction results in his/her area of production. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads by example, with extra focus on developing the new capabilities and competencies needed for transformational actions as well as for the long-term transformation of the operations group. Solicits and recognizes work teams input in this area on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the leadership of approx. 2 Value Stream Leaders.
- Guarantees performance of production against key indicators.
- Responsible for the monitoring and reporting of key data as required.
- Evaluates performance gaps and implements proper countermeasures, using sound quality/lean facts and tools.
- Ensures the best integration of new products on the single-flow lines as each is introduced.
- Responsible for and leads the animation of cost reductions initiatives in assigned work area. Encourages team member input and suggestions for improvement at all levels.
- Encourages and drives the development of a safety culture, the inculcation of lean, quality, 6S and continuous improvement mindset amongst all personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Encourages and drives the development of an engaged and empowered workforce through the ongoing leadership and support of self-management principles and the AWT methods.
- Develops strong partnership with Supply Chain function to validate line activity and performance.
- Leads and encourages a customer-centered approach, utilizing frequent feedback and data shared with teams to keep awareness levels at the highest levels.
- Takes a strong leadership stance on safety and the well-being of all teams & shifts in production area. Has responsibility and authority to shut-down production and seek resolution when safety and certain quality standards are not being attained. Will stop and resolve any condition where the continued manufacture of the company product might compromise safety, quality or severely impact cost.
- Plans and implements safety policies and training in compliance with company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work-related injuries.
- Will stop and resolve any condition where the continued manufacture of the company product might compromise safety, quality or severely impact cost.
- Manages staffing and budgetary requirement to ensure organizational effectiveness. Supports additional team resource (headcount) requests by data and current team performance. Support the selection, integration and on-going placement of new and existing team members.
- Recognizes team and individual accomplishments while fostering a work environment conducive to mutual respect for one and other.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge of functional duties and company policies, and answers questions from other workers on procedures, policies, work orders, and other directions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on particular functional area and often coordinates with technical and engineering personnel on matters affecting the operation specifications or modifications to equipment, product, or processes.
- Serves as the liaison between the team and other departments, (i.e., Engineering, Maintenance, Technicians, Product Managers, Customer Service, Production Planning) along with supervisor /the Value Stream Manager to evaluate/troubleshoot and convey any identified team technical, productivity, safety, quality, and/or disciplinary problems.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- BS/BA in Engineering, Technical, Business or other relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years of leadership experience in electrical/mechanical product manufacturing, Lean manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Engineering.
- Work is active in nature with frequent walking of manufacturing plant, warehouse and distribution areas.
- High degree of risk management in terms of Safety around large and complex machinery. In automated production lines, large, heavy (up to 200lbs.) manufacturing machinery continuously in operation.
- Maintain appropriate hearing, vision PPE
- Up to 10% travel.