JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of and reporting to the Director of Operations, the Value Stream Manager is responsible for providing for all aspects of designing, planning, and implementing policies, procedures, and activities in support of meeting customer demands for the assigned value streams. They ensure compliance with all safety/environmental, production and quality standards, as well as conformance with established objectives and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
... include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all operations conform to the company’s safety and quality policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage the development of, and monitor the execution of, the manufacturing schedule and capacity plan of all production departments. Plan and determine personnel requirements based on forecasts. Solicit overtime and shift change recommendations from Area Managers/Supervisors.
- Set the vision for production, establish the goals and metrics to drive improvement in conjunction with the continuous improvement team.
- Develop budgets and manage activities to accomplish financial objectives. Oversee the tracking of actual departmental spending, ensuring that variances are resolved.
- Lead Continuous Improvement & Lean Manufacturing efforts in value streams and participate in the Gemba team to assure positive culture. Assure deployment, training and utilization of tools are aligned with the strategic vision of the Company.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action. Work to improve employee satisfaction for all production areas.
- Ensure accountability for the value streams that it is clearly defined, delegated, and consistent through the use of training and the development of SOP’s.
- Direct, advise, and otherwise expedite and solve manufacturing and other related problems by utilizing resources in the Technology and Development Department to resolve and implement corrective procedures.
- Partner with Technology & Development and Quality to successfully manage the introduction of new products to manufacturing.
- In conjunction with Senior Management and associated Managers, assist with the development and formulation of short and long range plans, policies, programs, operating procedures, and objectives.
- Coordinate and direct major projects (e.g. acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs, plant layout changes) to the best scheduling and economic advantage.
- Maximize plant efficiency through teamwork and innovation
- Maintain a team environment with other departments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Chemistry, Engineering or similar technical program. MBA a plus. 5-7 years experience as a chemist and/or engineer together with 2 years experience as a supervisor of technical staff, with concurrent experience in the use of an ERP system for production schedulingpreferred.
Job ID 2017-2051