We are looking for a Value Stream Manager (VSM) to join our Label & Graphic Materials Group at our Facility in Fort Wayne, IN. This will report to the Operations Manager and direct one or more area(s) of the manufacturing environment in order to meet Coating production, quality and cost objectives, overseeing the day-to-day Coating operations. You will determine out requirements for equipment, materials, and manpower resources.
Employee Development & Management
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is provided to staff members.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy and team operating plan.
Coating Operations Management
- Responsible for operational results. Drive execution of site improvement plans, help set operations improvement goals, ensure priorities and accountability expectations are clear, provide resources and removes obstacles to ensure success.
- Analyze and draw information for long-term strategic change and improvement for multiple teams/shifts.
- Lead significant projects and improvement initiatives, scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
- Focus on improving more complex performance through Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) efforts.
- Design and implement operational improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
- Drive execution of site improvement plans, help set operations improvement goals, ensure priorities and accountability expectations are always clear within operations, provide resources and remove obstacles to ensure success.
- Analyze and draw information for long-term strategic change and improvement.
- Oversee the practice of all health and safety procedures, ensuring that safety is employees’ top priority.
- Lead a safe operation of the business unit and comply with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Ensure that manufacturing team members meet site goals and objectives.
- Participate in the establishment of sites’ annual operating plans.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the ordering and distribution of products, parts, and accessories. Ensures adequate and timely distribution of these elements to attain maximum sales potential consistent with good inventory control.
- Understand and implement ISO 9000 procedures related to the role and responsibilities of the Operations Manager position.
- Ensure tracking and use of key performance indicators to promote improved operational and business results.
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years Operations/Manufacturing experience with 5+ manufacturing leadership experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading and managing individuals and teams.
- Knowledge of assigned manufacturing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies (e.g. ELS, continuous flow, cellular etc.) and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and function specific software.
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.