Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Value Stream Manager to coordinate and facilitate the daily operations of the assigned Value Stream(s) to provide adequate resources, on-going work direction and problem solving to ensure business goals are met under the guidelines of the company policies and procedures. Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of the Lean methodology. In this role, the Value Stream Manager will be responsible for identification of continuous improvement initiatives. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages a manufacturing department(s). Set goals and establish metrics for the departments
- Manages department with zero recordable injuries.
- Manages quality systems and responsible for all out of box quality within these departments.
- Maintains a Customer First attitude while achieving OTTCR goals.
- Manages productivity levels with the departments.
- Continuously improve productivity, flow, change-overs, etc. through the implementation of Lean principles.
- Decreases scrap levels and identify all forms of waste for elimination.
- Develops leaders.
- Manages cost as a % of net sales. Manage within the forecasted budget.
- Establishes stretch goals/metrics for the value stream – define success.
- Actively participate in and lead self-directed Kaizen events.
- Lead the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the value stream.
- Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Support new product development by driving the operations requirements.
- Reviews/Ensures success of the day-to-day production activities within the value stream while driving improvements.
- Lead cross functional performance review walk and drive improvements.
- Drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance through the use of process center communication boards on a daily basis ensuring root cause analysis and counter measures are identified.
- Assures a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions.
- Conducts safety investigations as needed.
- Performs 5S audits/safety training.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring standard work and quality standards.
- Performs layered process audits and quality audits.
- Conducts OTD analysis and update sales order advisory.
- Manages resources of the assigned areas of the value stream.
- Manages assigned resources to or below budgetary levels.
- Develops value stream budgets.
- Ensures accuracy and proper management of inventory and build schedules.
- Ensures timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming materials.
- Executes, manages and coordinates department’s vacation schedule to ensure adequate coverage and completion of departments work products.
- Provides input and makes recommendations for requisitioning, placing, and training of employees assigned to designated production area.
- Manages salaried and professional staff.
- Develops and delivers complete, fair, accurate and meaningful employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for assigned team’s adherence to company policies and procedure. Award and discipline as appropriate.
- Develops talent via training and career direction discussions. Find opportunities for leaders’ growth.
- Ensures Kronos payroll system is updated daily and certified weekly
- Ensures cross training of employees is conducted for development and skills matrix is updated.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Engineering, Science or Business degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing concepts experience (layouts, material, performance to Takt, etc.)
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi-functional team projects
- Ability to develop leaders
- Standard PC skills (Office Suite, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.