East Windsor, CT
Not Specified years
Posted 3 days ago
Reports to: Value Stream Manager
Leads intact and autonomous work teams in single flow automation lines to ensure a quality product is produced safely, in time for delivery, and within budgeted costs. Drives ongoing Lean methodologies to ensure continuous improvement of performance, safety, and quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Guarantees Safety of operators reporting to him/her as well as any individual in his work area. Is empowered to immediately react and decide when potential risk appears. Understands the need to delegate a portion of this to work teams as they demonstrate readiness and validating their level of qualification.
· Guarantees Product Quality- and adheres to processes and methods. Is supported in this mission by maintenance tech and quality/KPO liaison who functional report to ME and QE functional leads. Guarantees CTQ > 99% and throughput yield of > 95%.
· Delivers Outstanding Performance in terms of (1) OTD (> 99.5%), and (2) efficiency (> 95%) by leading intact teams and support personnel through problem solving processes as well a communicating and coordinating effectively with supply chain partners.
· Implement and Maintain Lean Processes, problem solving, Kaizen and other quality processes with intact teams as well as support personnel.
· Escalate Issues Quickly that cannot be resolved efficiently to maintain performance, quality and safety standards.
· Lead & Motivate Intact Work Teams in terms of developing their knowledge, ability to self-manage through continuous support, contact, challenging and providing motivation for them to excel. Meet training and development objectives for all team members in his/her care.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Bachelors degree in Business or Technical (4 yeardegree candidates) and;
· 3-5 years of leadership experience in high mix, complex manufacturing environment. OR
· Associates degree, Engineering / technical focus (2 yeardegree candidates) and;
· 5-15 years leadership experience; clear career progression. OR
· Possess heavy manufacturing/supervisory experience (Non-degreed professional candidates) and;
· 15 years or more of leadership experience
· Work is active in nature, with frequent walking of manufacturing plant, warehouse and distribution
· High degree of risk management in terms of safety around large and complex machinery, as well as heavy (up to 200lb) product while in production.
· Up to 10% travel
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilitiesassociated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.