At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing. We have a strong and long-term ambition to drive a Lean transformation and embed mature Lean ways of working, all of which has improved both Lean maturity and Business Performance.
Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSC&S) leads the design, development, planning and governance of AstraZeneca's supply chains to ensure we have the most efficient and effective ways of getting life-changing medicines to patients. GSC&S work closely with our manufacturing sites, our Global External Sourcing organization, and many other areas of the business to ensure we use our manufacturing sites in the best way and have a joined-up approach across our global supply chain.
As the Value Stream Lead, you will be responsible for eliminating waste throughout the whole value stream and ensuring high levels of execution within the end to end value chain. This involves the management and coordination across several independent organizations, internal and external, to deliver clinical and commercial supply of our medicines. This to help us deliver our mission "Every medicine, Every Patient, Every Time" athighest quality, lowest cost, and in the shortest lead time.
Due to the nature of the work, supporting a global function, expected travel will be up to 50%.
- Facilitate, coach the cross-functional E2E Value Stream team to continuously improve the performance of the E2E Value Stream that balances customer service, quality & cost in the best way to meet the customer and business needs.
- Lead deep value stream analysis to grasp the current condition that drives the current performance. Identify obstacles that need to be eliminated. Lead Kaizen to improve material & information flow and performance
- Apply Practical Problem-Solving methodology to solve complex problems related to flow issues
- Develop and lead people through E2E Value Stream Management
- Maintain monitoring of the pulse of activities supporting the product/product family and be able to step back and view the value stream from a broad perspective to understand the key system constraints and to quickly spot critical process issues.
- Analyse, improve business processes and enable behavioural changes
- Develop governance process to make problems visible and respond with urgency to develop effective countermeasures.
- Collaborate and partner with all levels of the organization to systematically share knowledge as one of the means to develop others and accelerate business results
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo, while driving brand improvement strategies that align with AstraZeneca's long-term strategy
- Influence/coach teams to mitigate risk, align resources, and drive on time completion of initiatives
- Build trust and develop new relationships with internal and external clients to effectively collaborate and achieve successful outcomes at a functional/global level.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science, Technical or related field
- Certified Lean Leader or equivalent
- 8-12 years of experience in two or more of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control & Assurance, Sourcing or related function.
- Exemplary leadership abilities including the proven ability to analyze complex end-to-end value chains, identify improvements, implement changes and manage E2E value chain.
- Stakeholder management, effective communication across functions and various levels of senior leadership, manage through conflict and lead peer level cross functional teams.
- Broad GMP small molecule and bio tech expertise (Bulk, Formulation, filling/packaging, Validation, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain)
- Must have strong team and meeting facilitation skills: including the ability to build consensus across diverse stakeholder groups, the ability to adapt, work through conflicts and to persuasively influence outcomes.
- Extensive experience of demonstrated hands-on experience in the application of Lean tools and techniques: Value stream mapping, practical problem solving, kaizen, Visual performance management, level loading demand and pull systems
- Coaching, teaching, and driving a high-performance organization through lean thinking/principles
- Demonstrated application of behavioral, cultural and business change methodologies when driving cross functional process improvement initiatives
- Thrives in a fast-paced business environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.