The Data Consultant will design and execute analyses using a variety of data sources, including health care and pharmacy claims. With guidance from the Vice President, VBP Analytics, the Data Consultant will work with product development and implementation teams to ensure our VBP platform delivers the necessary insights to our clients. Projects range from quick, time-sensitive queries to longer term studies that become part of HealthQX roadmap. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to influence the development of cutting edge product in the rapidly growing VBP market.
* Interrogate a variety of data sources to identify patterns in data
* Identify unanticipated trends/patterns in the data
* Communicate suggestions for continuous improvements in data quality
* Evaluate historical data to understand the impact of historical / proposed changes to Value Based Programs
* Create insights into, and metrics for client Value Based Programsâ€¦work with Product Development team to implement findings into HealthQx product
* Clearly document and present findings from analysis projects, including data quality, methodology, results and implications for clients.
* 8+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology.
* Proven, significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
* Sound written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to translate complex methodology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* 2 or more years of experience working in Health Care, Data Analytics, or Information Management
* Excellent SQL skills, including report formatting and presentation
* Claims Data experience experience working with or exposure to claims data.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in a field such as: Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or related field preferred.
* Ability to collect, manage, analyze and interpret quantitative data
* Self-sufficient with regard to standard computer desktop tools and general office software knowledge; additional computer skills/tools a plus
* Independent worker: courage, decision quality, listening, drive for results, customer and client focus, integrity and ability to deal with ambiguity
* Demonstrated ability to independently learn new technical skills (e.g., advanced Excel, SQL, R)
* Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
* Comfortable in a growing department that is still evolving its methods, priorities and resources
Desired Personal Characteristics:
* Inquisitive, problem-solving in nature
* Data-driven, detail-oriented and fact-based
* Hands-on, action-oriented style
* Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and make a contribution quickly
* A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Travel - 10%
Benefits & Company Statement
Change Healthcare is one of the largest, independent healthcare technology companies in the United States. We are a key catalyst of a value-based healthcare system working alongside our customers and partners to accelerate the journey towards improved lives and healthier communities.