The Value Based Care (VBC) Advisor plays a key role in our clients’ transition from Fee-For-Service (FFS) to Value Based Care (VBC). As a VBC subject matter expert you will work with our clients to analyze their needs as they relate to reimbursement transition, and provide expert counsel consistent with these needs.
The advisor will have and maintain a deep understanding of regulatory and program contractual, reporting, and performance requirements, how those requirements impact the workflows, and the data collection and reporting needs of our customers; you will be able to provide expert counsel consistent with meeting or exceeding regulatory and/or business requirements.
Successful candidates possess a combination of prior experience successfully transitioning to VBC, IT/EHR solution design/architecture, clinical management, practice management, and/or related expertise/experience. This will be coupled with Greenway products and other tools to most effectively assist Greenway customers in their transition to (and optimization of) Value Based Care.
- Performs current-state/future-state assessments, creates gap analysis, develops solutions and execution plans consistent with future-state goals, alternative methods of proceeding, and/or facilitates continuous improvement in new or existing workflows.
- Prepares, facilitates discussions, and consults with providers regarding current workflows, systems, the benefits, procedures, strategies, and/or organizational changes necessary to support current regulatory programs.
- Provides consultation to Greenway customers on best practices related to system, clinical, and quality needs.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with providers, corporations, and those supporting Greenway customers.
- Monitor, review, and study changes in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program (Meaningful Use) rules and regulations.
- Proactively conducts customer interviews and observations to ascertain provider function, and program readiness.
- Attend/assist with regular periodic client meetings designed to:
- Keep clients informed about Meaningful Use and MIPS changes and updates,
- Monitor compliance with ongoing Meaningful Use objectives,
- Assist with troubleshooting workflow issues related to Meaningful Use objectives,
- Provide guidance and assistance with annual Meaningful Use Attestations,
- Provide support and assistance with Meaningful Use related tasks for new customer implementations
- Works with internal Greenway teams to develop, maintain, and provide standardized resources and reports related to quality programs.
- Reviews and distributes education materials to customers.
- Develop quality improvement initiatives based on identified concerns and develop correspondence to address the identified concerns.
- Develop and/or present VBC thought leadership, education programs, and/or training workshops at Regional & National conference presentations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrable experience leading and/or actively participating in a successful transition(s) to Value Based Care/Reimbursement strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in medical practice management/administration/clinical experience
- Experience in analyzing, understanding and negotiating payer contracts.
- Intimate familiarity and subject matter expertise with MACRA and its subsequent programs/payment model, PCMH, Meaningful Use and the related Quality and Performance Measures relevant to Value Based Care
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of Clinical processes/workflows as well as Process Optimization and Project Management consistent with the transition to Value Based Care.
- Must demonstrate an understanding and experience interpreting regulatory requirements.
- Experience in the deployment of EHR and/or related systems strongly preferred; implementation experience either as customer or vendor.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in creating clear documentation.
- Ability to travel 75% or more.
- Experience as a VBC/VBR Consultant
- MIPS Audit Experience
- Exposure to/deep understanding of Shared Savings Models
- Experience measuring ACO Financial Performance
- Quality Department reporting in an ambulatory setting
- Experience working with Meaningful Use as a provider or as a consultant assisting providers
- Working knowledge of Greenway product features and functionality, a plus.