When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
The Value Analysis Director identifies non-labor expense reduction opportunities, assesses financial value, facilitates conversations with key stake holders, facilitates meetings and the decision making processes, and coordinates the implementation of expense reductions for patient care and other health system operations. As an internal consultant to the client, this position is responsible for working collaboratively with the client and the Vizient team as they drive cost reduction through the Value Analysis process. This position is responsible for functioning within the scope of individual education, licensure, and competence.
- Ensure client value analysis process is managed effectively, facilitating savings initiatives through the committee structure.
- Assist the client healthcare organization to develop processes that focus on cost, quality and outcomes through the value analysis process
- Ensure that priorities set up by the client and Vizient are managed effectively
- Facilitates Value Analysis Committee and subcommittee meetings in collaboration with hospital leadership
- Serves as a product consultant within and across the organization. Actively facilitates communication with physicians, patient care and operations staff
- Utilizes knowledge of clinical practice and patient care processes to develop and implement product/services management strategies leading to expense reductions
- Educates others on the utilization of products and services to support the delivery of quality care, while supporting the decrease in overall hospital resource utilization and cost
- Leads analytical process for all initiatives, including reporting, savings analysis and savings sign off
- Tracks implementation of cost reduction initiatives, reports on same
- Develops written policy/procedure standards for Value Analysis, as needed
- Complete and deliver client facing reports such as the A-3 and MBO documents
- Participate in Vizient business reviews with the client
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years diverse health care experience required
- Previous value analysis experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, clinical documentation, and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clinicians, physicians, executives and vendors
- Proficiency in use of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Critical thinking, decision making and leadership skills
- Ability to support change management
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to clearly understand the priorities of the Client and Vizient and make adjustments to tasks as appropriate to achieve overall objectives
- Must be able to meet and establish positive working relationships with all levels of a customer’s organization, including but not limited to employees of the purchasing department, clinicians, physicians, and executive level leaders
- Must be able to articulate the value of Vizient products and services in multiple forms, from written and verbal communication to formal presentations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.