Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
- Total responsibility for all of the valuation aspects of the blocks
- Continual development of a valuation strategy and objectives for the blocks, reflecting plans for the supporting models
- Active participation in the development of AFR’s objectives
- Review and sign-off on the monthly financials
- Preparation and continuing enhancement of various analytics including sensitivities, rules of thumb and the sources of earnings presentation
- Presentation of results and explanation of the results in a timely manner to senior leaders
- Preparation of educational materials for senior leaders
- Recommendation of model changes to the indexed annuity Model Owner, as needed
- Active collaboration with the Model Governance, Finance, IT, Pricing and Risk Management
- Supervision of two direct reports
- FSA or FCIA is required (if FCIA, must have a U.S. permanent residency status)
- 10+ years of overall actuarialexperience
- Significant working knowledge of the U.S. indexed annuities valuation is required
- Knowledge of PolySystems is a plus