We are looking for Validation technician for our client in Hillsboro, OR
Job Title: Validation technician
Job Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Set up and configure Server platforms & Ethernet devices. Install drivers and software for 10/100/1000Mb, 10Gb, 25Gb, 40Gb wired Ethernet controllers, network interface cards, and network devices for functional evaluation/validation and/or customer reported issue reproduction.
- Communicate and interact with group/product managers, developers, marketing, and other evaluation engineers and technicians. Run prescribed test procedures, accurately document work performed, and submit timely reports.
- Windows2012 Server+, Linux (SLES and/or RHEL), and VMWare ESX Operating System experience including all aspects of setup, config, and networktroubleshooting
- Proven experience building and configuring 1Gigabit and 10Gigabit LAN environments
- Basic understanding of PC system architecture including both client and server platforms
- Strong work ethic and team orientation
- Experience managing and configuring Layer2 and 3Ethernet Devices
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving experience with a passion for learning technologies
- 3-5years applicable experience
- Local candidates are highly preferred and will be given first preference
- Experience with Ethernet sniffers and/or protocol analysis
- Experience with blade server and chassis managed compute environments
- Test automation/scripting, C/C++ programming, Perl, python, Windows PowerShell
- Network Performance testing
- Chariot, Smartbits, IXIA
- Experience with DOS, uEFI, and Embedded OSes
- Knowledge of IPMI, vPro out of band manageability technologies
- Experience or knowledge with NAS, iSCSI, FCoE technologies