Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We're committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
The Precision Analog-to-Digital (PADC) product line is seeking a well-qualified candidate for the position of Validation Engineer. In this position, you will partner with the design, system, and test engineering teams to help bring high quality, innovative products to market. You will also work with our application and system engineers to answer customer questions and help debug complex customer problems. Validation Engineers at Texas Instruments have the opportunity to work with internal groups, as well as with customers and suppliers around the world. This function directly contributes to the company's bottom line by driving product development, delivery and profitability.
Validation Engineers are responsible for performing device level validation on new products as well as designing, implementing, and improving accurate methods of making automated measurements which cover both the device's specified performance as well as its system level robustness.
Strong communication skills are required to interface both externally with TI's largest customers on the validation & characterization of new products results, as well as cross-functional internal teams throughout the product development process.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working with systems, design, verification, applications and test teams to define a comprehensive validation and characterization plan to meet datasheet specifications and system level expectations
- Comprehending system-level and customer-driven use cases in validation plan to meet and exceed VVCM requirements
- Designing of accurate and innovative bench validation solutions for high precision data converters
- Developing LabView and Teststand automated routines to optimize data collection and system level validation
- Testing and troubleshooting the devices in the lab to identify device issues
- Documenting issues and working with the designer to identify the root cause and the proposed fix for each issue
- Replicating and verifying silicon performance, and analyzing performance with IC designer
- Understanding and analyzing application issues and be able to duplicate the issue within a lab environment
- Analyzing collected data to verify performance or application robustness
- Analyzing statistical data and translating this into operational limits to guarantee device performance
- Correlating bench results with production ATE equipment
- Driving key validation reviews (E.g. Validation Plan, Schematic and Layout, Software, Silicon Evaluation, etc…)
- Proactively creating and maintaining relevant validation plan and report documents
- Working with equipment vendors to improve validation capabilities
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to make the job more efficient and thorough
- BS Electrical Engineering
- 4 years relevant experience
- Proven knowledge of advanced analog circuits
- Proficiency with bench level test equipment (i.e. DC power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters) is needed.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture tools and techniques to develop high-performance lab boards
- A desire to spend time in a hands on environment testing devices in the lab
- Ability to analyze statistical data and understand basic statistical concepts such as mean, standard deviation, variance, and Gaussian curves
- Programming skills
- Self starter who is able to manage assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be able to present data in an organized and complete manner
- Experience with characterizing, testing or working with ADC Converters
- Experience designing complex bench or test hardware for testing mixed signal products
- Experience with LabVIEW and TestStand development tools.
- Capable of developing a detailed validation plan for the device datasheet specs and system tests
- Working knowledge of PCB layout best practices
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Ability to multiplex between projects and be able to maintain project schedules
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions