This vacancy is within BU Automotive, BL SPM (Safety and Power Management), Engineering group. BU Automotive is one of the core businesses of NXP.
Our technologies for Automotive applications create new ways to make cars cleaner, safer & more secure while adding convenience and fun. NXP is the number 1 supplier of automotive semiconductors.
- Candidate will have the primary role of creating, auditing, and overseeing test procedures, validation plans, post processing of test data, test reports, and documenting results
- Design and debug hardware and software for automated testing of Power Management IC’s (PIMIC)
- Lab test bench design, configuration, and data collection activities
- Drive design recommendations to improve the validation process, such as enhancements to test software and hardware environments, lab equipment usage, and data management
- Lead a small team of junior engineers or technicians on different projects
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Demonstrated cross-division, cross-group technical leadership and influence;
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity inherent in implementing new technologies;
- Proven ability to enroll technical and business stakeholders, including internal engineering teams, customers and ecosystem partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning technical contributors, business stakeholders, customers, and executive management.
- Experience with communication busses (SPI, I2C, USB, JTAG, etc.)
- Experience with microcontrollers, FPGAs, and embedded systems
- Familiar with C, C++, Labview and TestStand coding
- Able to make decisions and adapt real-time
- Able to prioritize tasks and execute to rigorous and dynamic schedules
- Ability to understand and generate engineering drawings
- Comprehensive record keeping and detailed debugging notes
- Desirable: knowledge of ISO-26262
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience with in-vehicle systems and the automotive market
Bachelor or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 6+ years of industry experience.