WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Research and build firmware test cases for new products and firmware updates.
- Execute test cases and cycles with excellent attention to detail detecting all unexpected device behavior during software validation process
- Craft bug tickets with required documentation, following the agile process when unexpected behavior is seen.
- Participate and lead full end to end system level test and validation from databus simulation to JSON file delivery.
- Work with hardware engineers and firmwaredevelopers to define critical engineering requirements.
- Support automating the firmware validation process through python and C# programming.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in embedded systems testing with advancing responsibilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a software testing environment, including test case development and execution using bug tracking software (Jira preferred), review and analysis, defect lifecycle, trouble-shooting software issues, defect logging, presentation of results.
- Experience with vehicle databus protocols (CAN, J1939, J1587, J1850, ISO-15765-4) and associated tools (Vector Canalyzer/Canoe, Nexiq, RP1210, etc…).
- Experience writing code in Python 2.7 and C# (.NET)
- Ability to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate and interpret test steps without issue
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, (writing macros, parsing data, creating pivot tables, etc…).
Requisition ID 781