Regency Centers is seeking a dynamic Vice President, Market Officer to join our Raleigh, North Carolina regional office. The selected candidate will report to the Senior Vice President, Senior Market Officer and will be responsible for maximizing the overall short and long-term performance and value of a regional portfolio of shopping centers including value enhancement through redevelopments and place-making projects. The Vice President Market Officer will drive leasing and income production, working with the property management team to control costs and maximum return on investments. This individual must build and foster relationships with key anchor tenants, brokers, property owners and community officials in our target markets. This individual will also work closely with the Vice President of Investments on new development and re-development leasing and operations.
- Drives leasing production/objectives for a regional portfolio to meet NOI objectives.
- Identifies new and value-add redevelopment opportunities anchored by Regency-approved anchor tenants that both create value and meet Regency's internal investment criteria. Leads and manages the strategic repositioning of existing Regency assets as anchor movement provides these opportunities. Oversees the due diligence, entitlements, construction and redevelopment process working closely with project teams to ensure projects are leased at rates equal to or in excess of pro-forma, are well merchandised, and are built at budgeted costs and on schedule.
- Executes high profile, major lease transactions.
- Oversees NOI/leasing forecasts and updates.
- Develops networks and strong market-wide tenant, and broker relationships.
- Oversees capital expenditures and operating expenses with property management.
- Evaluates potential property acquisitions for leasing/NOI potential with acquisitions team.
- Manages and develops the regional leasing staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Management, Marketing or related field, coupled with a minimum of 8 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, to include supervisory experience.
- Significant experience with lease negotiations and anchor/tenant relations.
- Astute, local and regional market knowledge of retailing and real estate operations.
- Real Estate Brokers or Sales Agents License.
- Advanced level quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of financial analysis models and time value of money.
- Intermediate proficiency with current Microsoft Office software (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Development (MRED) or related field
- CLS certification from ICSC or CCIM designation
- Prior property management and redevelopment experience a plus
- Effective, precise communication skills, even under strict time constraints.
- Ability to assimilate verbal information rapidly.
- High energy level with a positive, upbeat attitude and the ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable making timely decisions in a methodical manner.
- Conversational and people oriented.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to build and manage effective teams and hire, motivate and develop direct reports
- Strong capacity to adapt quickly in a learning situation.