In addition to being able to fully perform all of the UXO Sweep, UXO Technician I, UXO Technician II, and UXO Technician III functions, the UXO QC Specialist may:
- Graduate of a military EOD School of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia. (Personnel whose EOD status was terminated for gross negligence in the performance of assigned EOD duties, a flagrant violation of EOD safety procedures or regulation or who self-terminated the performance of EOD duties before the completion of 18 consecutive months of such duties will not be considered EOD qualified and will not be considered a military EOD School graduate. To obtain employment, such personnel must complete the training required for a UXO-TI.)
- 8years of EOD/UXO experience, based on the actual amount of time spent performing UXO-related tasks (i.e., 1 man-year is equal to 2,080 hours of actual EOD/UXO experience).
- Graduate of an OSHA-compliant (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4)) 8-hour Management and Supervisor Training course.
- Experience in all phases of munitions response actions or range clearance activities, and the transportation, handling and storage of munitions and commercial explosives.
- There is a preference that qualified candidates have either:
- DD214 and Graduation Certificate from NAVSCOLEOD
- Certificates of quality control training, or
- Verifiable resume with specific QC/QA experience on MEC projects
- Valid driver’s license