- Develop overall user experience, interaction design, and information architecture for mobile and desktop websites and applications; provide documentation in a manner appropriate for a given project.
- Create and document UX briefs, personas, customer journeys, task flows, site maps, UI specifications & requirements, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity comps.
- Facilitate UX design sessions to identify business, user, and technical requirements to ensure that solutions achieve user and business goals.
- Collaborate with Digital Analysts to conduct user and competitive research for projects as well as to improve content performance and user engagement.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to define and translate business and functional requirements into user-friendly, technically optimal, and feasible designs.
- Design and conduct usability studies to ensure designs are intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Translate usability and field research findings along with data insights into design improvements.
- Analyze website and application builds to ensure the UI/UX expectations are upheld.
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a best approach design with every project.
- Design and build functional prototypes for applications across all digitalchannels that can be tested with customers.
- Define and prioritize design schedules, milestones, and deliverables on multiple project initiatives.
- Communicate design strategy and UX goals / rationale to key stakeholders.
- Act as an internal consultant and advocate of UX and design thinking to drive business strategy.
- Work with the UX team leadership to define user experience standards and advocate for UX best practices within the Institution.
- Stay current with UX, visual design, and front-end technologies.
- Direct and mentor junior interactive designers and similar resources.
- Collaborate extensively with owners of institutional brand standards to maintain consistent identity across digital properties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications) or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related UX field and eight years of UX strategy and design for web, mobile, and application design. Agency and consulting experience a plus.
Job Number: 316152